0800 970 2727

Highway Accidents

Not all Road Traffic Accidents are caused by the recklessness of other drivers. On occasion the authority in charge of the roads, usually the local council, fails to do their job of maintaining safe driving conditions for all. In these cases the council are liable for any injuries caused thanks to their neglecting their duties.

Thus, if you suffer a personal injury as a result of structural damage to a road, highway or pavement that the local council is responsible for, you are able to claim compensation from the relevant authority for that injury.

There are a number of incidents that constitute such a claim:

  • Injury due to potholes in the road.
  • Injury due to cracked or otherwise damaged paving.
  • Injury due to poor maintenance of barriers alongside a road.
  • Injury due to work carried out (e.g. Gas, Electrical, Cable and Telephony work).

To make a successful claim, it must be proven that the body that holds authority over these areas has failed in its job and has no system in place to inspect and maintain these danger areas. Even if they do, failing to act on an identified defect that hasn’t been made clear to the public will also leave the governing body liable for a compensation claim.

Simply contact us on our free phone number 0800 970 2727 or by e-mail or use our online form.

Start Your Claim Now

No Win, No Fee policy is valid in all instances except in MIB and CICA claims.
Claim Time Solicitors is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, with the Solicitors' Code of Conduct 2007 applying to us. For more information go to http://www.sra.org.uk
Claim Time Solicitors is an accredited member of The Law Society, ID No. 444171. For more information go to http://www.lawsociety.org.uk

Terms and Conditions Powered by imobisoft