0800 970 2727

Hit & Run

If you have been injured in a road accident caused by a uninsured driver or you’re unable to trace the driver (hit and run) you’re still entilted to compensation.

There is a special organisation called the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) which was estabilished to compensate victims of negligent, uninsured and untraced drivers (hit and run) who have no other source to claim compensation from.
The MIB covers the following jurisdictions:

  • England, Scotland and Wales
  • Northern Ireland
  • Isle of Man
  • Alderney
  • Guernsey
  • Jersey
  • Sark
  • Gibraltar

A separate scheme operates in the Republic of Ireland for hit and run accidents. If your hit and run accident happened in the Republic of Ireland Claim Time can still help you and represent you in making a claim.
The MIB deal with 2 main areas of claim:

1. Untraced Drivers

The Untraced Drivers’ Agreement provides for compensation to be paid in respect of personal injury and property damage arising from a hit and run accident. This applies to accidents even where the driver cannot be identified.

2. Uninsured Drivers

If you have been the victim of an accident with an uninsured motorist Claim Time will help you. Your claim is pursued against the MIB who will pay your damages and costs. The MIB may then take steps to recover any damages they pay to you from the uninsured motorist.

What you should remember
1. Where possible try to secure as many details of the accident as possible. The most helpful would be the registration number of the car that hit you, but try also make a note of the model and colour of the car and any distinguishing features of the driver, e.g. gender, age, height etc.

The MIB will request these details although it is not essential to have them. In some cases you will be unable to provide any such details.

2. Report the accident to the police as soon as possible. Ask the police to provide you with a reference number to evidence the fact that you have reported the accident. It is also useful to make a note of the name, badge number and station of the police officer you reported the matter to.

3. Visit a hospital or your GP as soon as possible so that an official record is made of your injuries.

4. Where possible obtain details of any independent witnesses and keep a record of their contact details.

5. It is helpful if you can take photographs of any damage caused to your vehicle. You should also obtain a repair estimate.
So if you have been involved in a hit and run accident or an accident with uninsured driver and have received injuries you should give us a call today. Claim Time Solicitors will help you claim your compenstion from the MIB. And we will do it all for free. Simply contact us on our freephone number 0800 970 2727 Or you can contact us by e-mail or use our online form.
Start Your Claim Now

No Win, No Fee policy is valid in all instances except in MIB and CICA claims.
Claim Time Solicitors is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, with the Solicitors' Code of Conduct 2007 applying to us. For more information go to http://www.sra.org.uk
Claim Time Solicitors is an accredited member of The Law Society, ID No. 444171. For more information go to http://www.lawsociety.org.uk

Terms and Conditions Powered by imobisoft